Nowadays Indians has a buzzing question, what is BHIM app? BHIM app is announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, 30 Dec 2016. This app is an initiative to enable fast, secure and reliable cashless transaction with the help of mobile phones. In this article I published BHIM app frequently asked questions demanded by every BHIM app user.
BHIM app is the developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and the best features is it is inter-operable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications and bank accounts.
You can download the BHIM app for Android phone from Google Play Store.
Note: BHIM app is not available for iOS and Windows users yet.
Features of BHIM app
- You can transfer money to any bank account immediately.
- Like before now, you don’t need to register payee before some time.
- It transfers the money with a single click.
- It is available 24X7.
- No need of recipient bank account number.
- No need to get ‘internet banking activated’ to use this app.
BHIM app Frequently Asked Questions
How secure is BHIM app?
Let me describe it for you, the BHIM app is secured by a three-layer security protection.
- You come across the first level when you open the app – that is when it gets bound to the device ID and your phone number. You are quickly prompted to enter a PIN number to unlock and open the app.
- While doing transaction between bank accounts you need to enter one-time-password (OTP) which you receive on registered mobile number.
- The third and best security are the UPI-PIN which you set while setting the BHIM app. And the same UPI-PIN you need to enter on transacting every amount using BHIM app. This authentication happens via UPI servers.
Note: Don’t disclose your UPI-PIN to anybody.
How do I use BHIM app?
Below is the step by step guide to using your BHIM app.
- Install the BHIM app on your mobile device.
- Open the app to verify your mobile number (make sure you have balance for sending an SMS).
- Now select the bank in which you have the account.Now the app will start searching for the account linked to the mobile number and display the account number.
- Select the account number if it is correct.
- Now the account will be linked to the app. You will be given a default VPA<yourmobilenumber>@UPI. You can also set your unique ID (your name), subject to availability.
Finally, you will get a QR code, which you need to store or print. Then you will be asked to set UPI-PIN for third level security.
How can I transfer money through BHIM app?
Although there is multiple ways to transfer money using BHIM app but I am listing the easiest one i.e. via mobile number or UPI-PIN.
Steps to transfer money using mobile Number or UPI-PIN.
- Enter the mobile no. or UPI-PIN of amount recipient.
- Enter the amount.
- Now enter your PIN.
- Congratulation! Your amount is transferred.
Steps to transfer money using QR code
- Here you need to scan theQR codein the mobile of the recipient or a print out of the code.
- Enter the amount to be transferred.
- It willask for your PIN.
- Congratulation! Your amount is transferred.
Can I transfer 1 lakh in a day?
No. You can only transfer Rs. 10,000/transaction and 20,000/day.
How many accounts can I add?
Yes, you can add multiple accounts but only one is accessible at a time. Your VPA will be same for all accounts.
How can I request money?
For this, you need to enter the mobile number of the person from whom you wanted money. Enter the amount, remarks and submit. Enter the amount and remarks and submit. Once submitted, another money sender will get a notification on his mobile device. He will enter his UPI-PIN and payment will be transferred.
He can also reject the request.
What if I transferred money and didn’t get any SMS?
Once payment is done through BHIM app you get a notification about it in the app. But if you didn’t receive any SMS from your bank it may because of network issue or you can contact your bank customer support.
What if I want to Reset UPI PIN?
Very easy. Move to BHIM app home Screen ->Accounts->Forgot UPI-PIN. Make sure you have the debit card details and registered mobile number active to get an OTP.
How can I view my transaction history?
Go to BHIM Home Screen ->Transaction History. to view all your past and pending transactions.
What are advantages of BHIM app over wallets?
Generally, in the wallet you can store any amount but will get not any interest. But if you with BHIM app, the amount are directly transferred to your bank account and generate some interest.
If you have any question regarding BHIM app operations which you didn’t answer in above frequently asked questions, please comments below.